Stewards of Children
FREE Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Online Training
To take the FREE online training.
To access the online training user guide CLICK HERE
- 1 in 10 children are sexually abused before their 18th birthday
- 42 million adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse are walking among us
- in 90% of cases, the child knows and trusts the abuser
- Children are victims of 70% of all reported sexual assaults
- 1 in 5 children are sexually assaulted while on the Internet
- Survivors of child sexual abuse have a higher likelihood of psychological disorders, excessive drug and alcohol use, eating disorders, suicidal tendencies, and violence.
PREVENTION IS THE ANSWER
The Merrimack Valley YMCA has partnered with Darkness to Light to bring the Stewards of Children child sexual abuse prevention training to our communities. Stewards of Children is the only evidence-based training available nationally that is proven to increase knowledge and change child protective behavior. Our Y is working with schools, child care centers, community organizations, faith groups, and more to train community members to keep our children safe. When adults actively seek to make a difference, a cultural change can occur. We’re working to shift from a norm where child sexual abuse is kept in fear and denial and children are easy targets, to a community where every child is protected through a community of trained and aware adults.
Stewards of children is a FREE two-hour online training designed to educate adults on how to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to the reality of child sexual abuse, emphasizing child safety as every adult's responsibility. Our goal is simple: to educate and prepare our community to deal with and prevent child sexual abuse. The training teaches the steps to preventing abuse, recognizing warning signs and reacting responsibly when abuse occurs. The online training is available in English and Spanish and a two-hour training certificate is available upon completion.
For any questions or concerns regarding the Stewards of Children training with the Merrimack Valley YMCA please contact Anne Whalen at firstname.lastname@example.org or