Planned Giving


YMCA Heritage Society - A vision for the future


The Lawrence YMCA opened its doors in 1880 to

meet the educational, physical and spiritual needs
of Lawrence residents. In 1910 the Lawrence YMCA
erected its building on Lawrence Street and soon
after provided resident rooms for men.

In 1907, the YMCA purchased land on Bear Island for
a boys camp and in 1957 the Y purchased 10 acres on
Captain’s Pond for a Day Camp. In 1962, an additional
50 acres was purchased for Camp Nokomis. In 1975,
the Andover/North Andover YMCA branch was opened
followed by the Methuen branch in 2003.

As the needs of youth and families grew the Board
of Trustees began to search for ways to meet those
needs. In 1994 the Board established the Heritage
Society to recognize those donors who had provided
for the future security of the Merrimack Valley YMCA.
Heritage Society members are individuals who have
made a provision in their estate planning that will
benefit the Endowment Fund and ensure a strong
Merrimack Valley YMCA for future generations. In
making this decision, Heritage Society members leave a
Legacy of Compassion to improve the lives of children
and families in the Merrimack Valley.

For further information contact:

Kate Rozzi
Vice President of Development
Merrimack Valley YMCA
101 Amesbury Street, 4th Floor
Lawrence, MA 01841
978-725-6681
krozzi@mvymca.org

For printable versions of our Planned Giving documents, click the items below:

6 Ways to Make a Planned Gift
Heritage Society Enrollment Form
Heritage Society Brochure
Heritage Society Roadmap Brochure
Beneficiary Designations
Gifts of Life
Frequently Asked Questions
Sample Questions for Charitable Requests